Thursday, August 21, 2008

it started with the blueberries





















Yesterday's highlights:
-butterfly's visit on the window pane created a great teachable moment though I'm not sure he will remember much about it.
-ducks + angus makes for rounds and rounds of laughter!
Day in review...
7:45am while talking to Scott I wondered what Angus was up too when things were quiet.  He wanted my attention and he got it!  I had washed 2 lbs of blueberries to dry off and freeze from picking them in Michigan and had absentmindedly left them on the counter in reach.  I peeked around the corner and happily throwing handfuls around was Angus and a couple hundred blueberries which he affectionately thought were mini balls.  
9:55am I took Angus to hourly daycare to enjoy a hour of water aerobics for the first time.  I was proud of him as he ran out the door to the playground with the other kids and played ball....only to watch him run around with one shoe on and one shoe off as I drove away.  (first time he did that)  
11:08am I picked Angus up from daycare and he was sobbing...frustrated that he couldn't still be playing outside despite the rain and a bit of separation anxiety mixed with eye teeth rearing their ugly heads perhaps.  
until around 3pm there were goldfish pieces scattered in all parts of the house.  
3:30pm we were having the oil changed in the car and he hated to see the cardboard bricks fall after I stacked them up.  afterwards he was delighted when a car salesman brought him a bright orange HUGE typical size car lot balloon.  
5:30pm Angus thought he might take a shot at sweeping the floor.  
6:55pm after myriads of books, toys, and many things becoming hats it was sleep time complete with...goodnight angus goodnight angus....goodnight angus your momma and daddy love you! 


1 comment:

abuzek said...

What a crazy day for you two!!!! My eyes wanted to cross just thinking about it!