Friday, December 5, 2008

sights and smells


yum spaghetti squash

Happy Thanksgiving

Carving the bird


Ma ma ma did you mention cookies?


As noted before Daddy is home. And with that has come some wonderful things like the smell of fresh brewed coffee and the giggles of my son and his dad playing together on the floor. Not to mention it's great to hear his boisterous laughter here there and everywhere. :) We've shared some great memories already and this week we're headed to the smokey mountains to make some more. Thanksgiving was nice and quiet. We made an eleven pound turkey with all the fixins including home made cranberry sauce and S's favorite, spaghetti squash. Angus slept through most of the meal but enjoyed some turkey afterwards. He's not a big texture guy so he steered clear of everything except the turkey.
We've enjoyed the chance to be together as a family again and are thankful it's not just for a couple weeks this time.
I had a blast shopping for Christmas on black Friday. We have one or two more things to get and we're done with our shopping. Rahooo! I'd have to say I enjoyed getting S's gifts the most because I found some good deals. All his gifts are wrapped and stacked ready to be opened. I just hopes he likes what I bought him.
I'm looking forward to spending Christmas together again and being able to celebrate with our extended families which include two new additions this year our nephew C and neice R.

3 comments:

JoyousFaith said...

Dude! It's SO nice to see pictures of Scott. He's HOME! :-D

stella g. said...

wow, i forgot how much like Scott Angus looks! (that was an awkward sentence!) i'm glad he's home safe and sound and that you had such a yummy thanksgiving. enjoy the mountains!

sunnykim said...

sounds like the perfect thanksgiving. we are so happy for you!

fyi, i actually started a blog! i had tried before...stopped...am trying again :) come read my first posts!