Sunday, June 28, 2009

A better cake

My friend Rebecca let me make her a splenda cake for her sprinkling using the pillsbury cake mix. I found a beautiful cake in a craft magazine while having a little mommy time to myself at Borders on afternoon. This is how it turned out. Since I can't eat splenda (makes my tongue numb) I heard it was quite tastey.


I used a gum paste mix from Hobby Lobby for the flowers. I didn't use all the fancy tools or exactly what it called for. A little red dye and a honey swizzle stick ball end worked just fine.


The cute dainty little flowers.


I figure I made between 60 and 80 little flowers.


I wasn't sure if there would be enough cake and if there were others with my same splenda issue I made some mini cupcakes from the hershey's cocoa recipe on the back of it's box with the little flowers.

The cake! (And this one wasn't too lopsided)

1 comment:

stella g. said...

that cake looks so good! it's beautiful. i'm not sure how i feel about a splenda cake either, but i would have totally chowed on those cupcakes!